SERVING CLIENTS STATEWIDE FROM OUR LEWISVILLE, TEXAS OFFICE
Parents trust daycare facilities to provide their children with a safe and nurturing environment. However, instances of daycare negligence can violate this trust and lead to child injuries. If your child has suffered an injury due to daycare staff negligence, you may have legal options to obtain justice and compensation for the harm your child suffered.
Board-certified attorney Steve Kuzmich at Kuzmich Law Firm, P.C. is dedicated to helping clients whose children have suffered injuries at a daycare seek justice through a personal injury claim. Child injuries can be traumatic, which is why it is important to retain the help of our experienced legal team. With over 28 years of experience and extensive resources, we know how to guide you through each step of the claims process and ensure you experience as little additional stress as possible. To begin filing your child injury claim, call (972) 434-1555 to speak with us today.
How to Prove Daycare Negligence in a Child Injury Claim
In many cases, daycares may request that you sign a waiver, which includes a release of liability clause. However, it is imperative to understand that you do not have to sign. Additionally, if you have signed a waiver, you may still be eligible to take legal action for negligence for your child’s injuries.
To obtain a favorable outcome in a daycare injury claim, an experienced lawyer must prove the following elements of negligence:
- The duty of care the liable party owed you
- The breach of that duty of care
- The causation of the subsequent child injuries
- The damages and losses you suffered
The following negligent actions by staff or other relevant parties can cause daycare accidents:
- Poor supervision: Texas law mandates explicit ratios of children to staff to ensure proper supervision. Unfortunately, many daycare centers are understaffed, which increases the likelihood of an accident.
- Inadequate precautions: Daycares are legally obligated to maintain safe premises and exercise safety precautions to prevent accidents. However, many centers fail to meet this duty.
- Failure to act: Occasionally, daycares experience unavoidable accidents, such as a fall where a child bumps their head on a surface. Nevertheless, daycare staff must act quickly after any accident to clean and treat injuries or call for additional medical help if necessary.
If your child sustained injuries due to daycare negligence, our team of child injury lawyers will help you pursue compensation for any losses suffered as a result of the accident. For an assessment of your claim, contact one of our child injury lawyers today.
Compensation Available in a Successful Child Injury Claim
If your child was injured as a result of a daycare facility’s lack of duty of care, you may seek legal action if the injury could have been prevented under reasonable circumstances. When such incidents occur, the at-fault party must be held responsible for the harm they caused.
The following damages may be available in a successful child injury claim:
- Disability and disfigurement
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages
At Kuzmich Law P.C., we calculate the compensation you may be owed, considering present and future losses. Call us today to discuss your child injury claim.
Contact Board-Certified Attorney Steve Kuzmich at Kuzmich Law Firm P.C. Today
When a child suffers an injury due to a negligent party’s actions, especially at a trusted daycare, it is vital to seek justice for the harm they suffered. At Kuzmich Law Firm P.C., we have the extensive resources and community connections to build a strong case on your behalf to hold the liable party responsible for their actions.
Our highly qualified legal team is dedicated to providing quality representation from initial consultation to resolution. Schedule a free consultation with Board-Certified attorney Steve Kuzmich to discuss your child injury case today by calling (972) 434-1555.