Car and Trucking Accidents: Auto Insurance… The Coverage You Need

Car and Trucking accidents are one of our focus practice areas, so we know the type of coverage you should have for your auto insurance, just in case you are ever in an accident. Basic liability insurance protects you if you cause an accident and someone else is injured or their property is damaged, but most of us need to have better coverage.

In Texas, the minimum policy required by law has a limit of $30,000.00 per person injured and $60,000.00 per accident. Such small limits will often not even cover a brief hospital stay for an injured person. Especially for anyone that has assets to be protected, you should contact your insurance company to make sure that you have higher limits. For usually a small increase in premium, increased limits can be purchased.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage

Protects you and your passengers if you are hit by a driver that has either no insurance or not enough insurance. Since as many as 1 in 5 people do not carry auto insurance, this is important coverage to protect your family and friends. Again, it can usually be purchased for a small percentage increase in your insurance premium.

Steve Kuzmich is a Board Certified – Personal Injury Trial Lawyer by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. The Kuzmich Law Firms’ focus practice areas are auto and trucking accidentswrongful death and other serious injuriesinjuries caused by drunk driverschild injury cases(slip and fall accidents) premises liability, and dog bite cases.

For further information about personal injury litigation, call as at  972.434.1555 and ask us why board certification matters.