It is important for all North Texans to know how to avoid a car accident in icy weather by learning how to drive in these conditions. In North Texas, you can sometimes be surprised with ice and snow storms while you are driving. These sudden bad weather conditions can leave you navigating your way home on icy or slippery roads. Follow these tips to help avoid an accident while driving, which could save you from unnecessary property damage or personal injury.
Bad Weather Safety Tips
- Drive slower and increase your following distance
- Remove all snow and ice from your vehicle
- Do not start driving until your windshield is defrosted and clear
- Be sure that your headlights and taillights are visible
- Remember that neither snow tires nor chains allow you to drive on bad roads at normal speeds
- Start slowly, brake gently, using slow, steady motions on the wheel
- Begin braking early when you come to an intersection or a stop
- Approach bridges, shaded spots, overpasses and turns slowly
For additional winter weather tips, visit FEMA.gov and follow the link for cold weather and winter storms tips. If you or one of your loved ones are involved in a serious car accident, call the personal injury attorneys at the Kuzmich Law Firm P.C. as soon as possible.
Steve Kuzmich is a Board Certified – Personal Injury Trial Lawyer by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. The Kuzmich Law Firms’ focus practice areas are auto and trucking accidents, wrongful death and other serious injuries, injuries caused by drunk drivers, injuries to children and the elderly, (slip and fall accidents) premises liability, and dog bite cases. For further information about personal injury litigation, contact us today at 972.434.1555.